Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stop New Dell Laptop CPU (processor) to 100% jump from overheating during use and display of video

In October 2009 I bought a Dell Latitude E6400. As a tech I have done my duty to check the specifications (CPU, FSB, the speed of hard drives, etc. ..) and user reviews. I did not know that under the bonnet was a heating problem that cripples the system time to an hour. Imagine being close to completing a project and all programs are stopped. This is the problem I faced after the money for a brand new laptop.

I isolated the problem to use the video.All applications for video-intensive (flash video, DVD playback, SlingPlayer, etc. ..) my laptop would increase the CPU usage to 100% after about 20 minutes of viewing. The CPU usage would not fall until the computer had been sitting for an hour. I tried updating drivers, updating bios, and also making the switch from Vista to Windows 7. After I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 and still had the problem I'm sure all my money went to the bathroom, but in a last attempt I metmost utilities forum and read some more and determined the cause of the problem. The graphics chip (GPU), which was overheating my CPU clock down to 500MHz and 800MHz.

I have read forums about all the failed attempts to use to solve the problem causing the overheating of the CPU to 100%. Some replaced the heat sinks, replace some internal fans, some tried to wait for Dell to develop a BIOS update to correct the tables of heating. None of these fixedapplication. After a deep thought that came to my mind we have an overheating why not add an external fan. I went and took a simple fan of the laptop and has eliminated the problems of overheating. I have two 20 "monitors connected to my docking station port-E and solved my all my problems. Now, I love my laptop and it works fine.

Visit : Guard Shack

No comments:

Post a Comment